From the end of the last cricket season to the begin of this season, the Committee has completed a number of projects to support cricket and the Club generally. As these are often done without fanfare and opening ceremonies I thought it worth highlighting them. The have been completed by volunteers, part of the groundsman's jobs and by external contractors and in many cases are an investment for the long term.
I know that there will always be more to do and there are some major investment projects to be considered but I trust that members will recognise that they are getting good value for money for their subscriptions and membership.
The works include:
- Completed redecoration of the changing rooms upstairs
- New carpet in the home dressing room
- New shower head controls
- Refurbishing the balcony and flooring
- A completely new pavilion roof
- Refurbishing the scorebox
- Repairing the roof of the groundsman's workshop
- Replacing old windows at the back of the pavilion
For those works that were completed by volunteers I would like to thank them in particular for the free labour and skills they gave us.
Updated 22:17 - 2 May 2019 by James Quinlan